Sunday 9 August 2015

Most Marvellous Vintage Mass Meet Up



Aloha my cherry pies, so I've had a wonderful weekend as I went to an amazing vintage meet up. I've been to a few of these meet ups now which are organised on an amazing Facebook page (1940s/1950s Most Marvellous Meet Ups) and they never fail to disappoint. I love meeting like minded people and coming home knowing I've made some amazing new friends.


My weekend started by getting up pretty early Saturday morning to make the 3 hour train journey down to Peterborough, but it was super worth it as as soon as I got there everyone was so friendly and welcoming and we had a great afternoon eating picnic food from adorable wicker baskets and drinking one too many beverages. Thankfully the sun was shining so it was great to lounge about on picnic blankets soaking up the sun and to whittle away the day talking about everything vintage. 


As it was gorgeous sunny day the night was warm too so we headed back to the camp site where a few people were staying and spent the night chatting and toasting marshmallows. It was the perfect night and really reminded me how much I love camping, so another camping trip is definitely in store.


To round the weekend off on the Sunday we made a trip down the road to a super cute railway station where you can take a trip on a steam engine. It was the perfect way to round off a vintage weekend and I loved every minute of it.


Sadly it was then time for me to head home back to Manchester, but I had a fantastic weekend and I cant wait to meet everyone again. If you can get yourself to one of the meet ups you should definitely go as you wont regret it.

Thanks for reading Guys and Dolls

Coco Von Vintage x

No comments:

Post a Comment