Monday 20 April 2015

Book review - The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance


Aloha guys, so I read this really amazing book the other day so I thought I'd do a quick review on it. I first came across this book from the instagram page of the beautiful Georgina of Fuller Figure Fuller Bust. The first thing that grabbed me was the front cover, I know they say you should never judge a book by its cover but in this case I did and it paid off, I just love how fun and bright it looks!

I'm a huge book worm and I'm always on the look out for books that incorporate vintage into them so this just ticked all the boxes. Without giving too much away the story is about Jessica who is very much a modern party girl and ends up down on her luck, so she goes to seek out her long lost Grandmother who wrote guides on how to be a good woman and catch a man in the 1950s, they decide to try these guides on Jessica and transform her so she can try and snag a playboy using a love guide from the 1950s to prove they still work.

Kirsty Greenwood writing style is funny and warm and its just a great feel good book. I also loved how in the book Jessica is from Manchester and blogs which is just like me haha! :) I definitely would recommend this book to any gal regardless if they are into vintage or not as its a great read.

Thanks for reading Guys and Gals x


No comments:

Post a Comment